Continuous improvement of our processes
ORMS works to keep our products and services up to date. This means making changes from time to time. Our aims are as follows:
- To design and maintain effective key functions and processes that add value, are cost effective, timely and are fit for purpose. This will include, where appropriate, standardisation and simplification of our current systems and processes.
- To establish a set of benchmarks for key processes and improve performance against them through regular reviews.
- To establish and embed continuous improvement in processes at Company, Faculty/School and Service levels.
- To enhance our processes for capturing and implementing improvement ideas from staff.
- To improve procurement and contract management to effect savings and improve the quality of service delivered.
In order to meet these aims, we will use a range of information from our quality systems, feedback from staff and students to keep our courses fit for purpose.
Changes to courses and modules
To ensure the continued currency of our courses and modules we address the requirements of external advisors and associated professional, statutory or regulatory bodies, and implement changes to content and/or structure.
We take every care to be as accurate as possible. However, the information must be read as subject to change and you are recommended to review the website on a regular basis.
We make reasonable endeavours to inform applicants and students at the earliest opportunity of any significant changes to, or suspension/cessation of, a course, particularly when this occurs between the offer of admission and enrolment.
Significant changes may include (but are not limited to) changes to:
- an existing course title or named exit awards;
- the course curriculum/modules (e.g. replacement of core and/or optional modules);
- the course structure (e.g. addition of a placement year, changes in clinical hours, changes related to professional, statutory or regulatory body accreditation);
- additions/changes to mode(s) of delivery;
- methods of assessment;
- suspension or cessation of a course.
Reasonable efforts will be made to assist applicants find an alternative course if the original is no longer suitable.
The modules quoted are currently available for study. However, as we review the curriculum on a regular basis, the exact selection may change over time.